Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: engine ID please

Picky....Picky.

-----Original Message-----
From: jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:18:48 -0000
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: engine ID please

EDDIE..sent you an email about this.I may be able to help id this.
Send me some photos.Hate to argue...BUT ALOT of FE ford engines had
the EXACT SAME port sizes.From a 352,360(truck),390 2bbl and
4bbl...and even 428...depending on which 428 you had.NOW..there are
different exhaust manifold bolt patterns...reg versus CJ...etc.
Then..there are the 406 and 427's...different ports again...depending
on what model of 427..low riser,medium riser,high riser...TUNNEL
PORT....etc! I case you didn't notice..i had (past tense)at one
time.... alot of FE parts...worked at a ford dealership for 15 years
also.Joe--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> Thansk and it should consufe some AMcers and of course perpetuate
the myths that AMC didn't build it's own engines, :~P
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com

390 low compression 2 barrel engine.  It is a Ford 390 you can tell
by the way the water pump bolts up. By the way, do the spark plugs
angle toward the middle of the engine? front two tip to the rear and
rear two tip toward the front.....something like this / / \ \ ? Ford
used this engine family 'FE' from 1958 thru 1976 or '77 (last 6 years
in trucks no cars) last car with this style motor was 1970 Mustang
428 Cobra Jet.  Gary 'The Mix'