[BaadAssGremlins] Lots of NOS and neat AMC stuff at Orbisonia, PA AMC au

[BaadAssGremlins] Lots of NOS and neat AMC stuff at Orbisonia, PA AMC auction saturday...

  Wow, Lew Brown had alot of stuff! They had it all
layed out for viewing, and it was impressive. Some
items went fairly cheap, others way higher. Saw some
'50's era Rambler grills go for less than $50, some
even 25, while an early Javelin grill sold for $1,000
or slightly more. Other things like dealership signs
and memorabilia went for reasonable money, I thought.
I got 3 signs, two cardboard with Matador Coupes about
2' by 5' for $17 each , and a window plexiglass or
lighted sign piece with Gremlin, Hornet, Javelin, and
Matador text on it for $70. I was missing the Gremlin
stuff, they were auctioning it so it was hard to see,
some was Choice, and I didn't have time to see whether
they had the Gremlin stuff in with them or not, so I
missed out. Other than the Plexi sign, I got nothing
Gremlin related. They had some Gremlin and Matador
lenses I wanted, but the auctioneers were  slowed up
by the quantity and there was so much stuff, they
weren't even out the first building by mid-afternoon,
and wouldn't get to the lenses for a few more hours,
probably. I'll bet the late PM prices were way off, as
maybe half the people had left by 1 pm or so. Wish I'd
had a box truck and a barrel of money. :)
  Anyway, I got some stuff worth having personally.
Was a cold and rainy/snowy day, got some snow and
sleet around noon. Didn't last long, and was gone by 2
pm. Headed back to Virginia, and stopped in
Hagerstown, MD at a used book store, and found a neat
book called What Happens in a Car Factory, by Arthur
Shay, and they used the AMC factory, I assume Kenosha,
circa '69 for the whole book. LOTS of black and white
photos of Javelins and some AMXs, some Rebels and
Americans, and some railroad shots with auto racks and
AMCs on them. NICE! About 30 pages of AMC cars and
priceless historical views of the factory floor. Got
it for around $4.
  That was the good weekend news. The bad was my PC
crashed Friday morning on boot-up, turns out I had a
virus on the boot-sector, quasi-fixed the software
enough to get most files transferred off and saved,
but couldn't save Windows, so had to reinstall and
lose all info on the HD, but I can reinstall it from
the wife's HDD now. Just take some time. At least I
didn't lose much except time and hassles. I'll be
backing it all up THIS time, for sure! Make SURE you
have your important data files backed up ( do YOU?!
Huh? ), and keep your virus protection current ( Mine
lapsed, and I kept putting it off renewing ). Bit me
big-time. Least I didn't lose it all. But I could
have. Just a reminder, if you have been lazy ( like
me) to back up your stuff onto a CD. Get'er DONE,
guys! Just a friendly warning from someone who paid
the price, almost.
  Anyway, back online and posting again, now to
reinstall the files. AMC ya,

Jerry Casper