Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin body or metal parts needed

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin body or metal parts needed

Replacing the pillar section is a big job that requires exact measuring
and cutting the car's pillar and the replacement part. I have been a
welder and fabricator and ran a body shop for 40 years so this job was
not a problem for me. The door bolted back on and only needed a minor
adjustment to fit. I did this job 5 years ago and it is still fine.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- The worst rust is located around the door hinge area. The door hinges
themselves are almost rusted in two. I have another set of doors and
hinges to go on the car. I was hoping that there was a better way to
repair this area, but I think the metal will give way if I patch it. I
will check in Sioux City junkyards and see if they have any cars with
good bodies. I think I may just go ahead and get the A frame too as
there are some nasty areas on there as well.
When you replaced your pillar, was it difficult to re-align the door?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@... wrote:

> Give me a hint "Bottom" of the door pillar? Any Hornet, Concord, SX-
4.
> Spirit, Eagle door pllar is the same. I rebuilt the pass side on my
74
> Horent hatchack with a pillar from a 79 Conocrd 4 door.

--- End Message ---