Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Parting out a rust free 77 hornet AMX

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Parting out a rust free 77 hornet AMX

Thanks alot. I will look into it. It was way too nice to disassemble..eddie

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
If it is a rust free car I say re-vin it. I understand that the vin no#
is stamped behind the steering box on the chassis. On the dash the metal
tag is held on with with rivets with a special head. There was a big
discussion on this on the AMX Files about this when I assembled a
complete new dash from pieces from 7-8 different cars from all over the
country last summer. I was told that you can't use ordinary pop rivets
because of the special looking head. There was 2 original rivets for
sale on eBay for 95 !@#$% DOLLARS!!!!!!!! Bite ME!!!!! As it turns out
when the dash is installed you can't see the rivet heads because they
are under the windshield cowl. I pop riveted the tag in, but then again
I had a clear title. So to check a vin you have to remove the dash or
the steering box. I doubt seriously that anyone is going to check the
title on a 29 year old AMC. We are not talking about a big buck, high
profile Mustang or Camero here. But you ain't heard none of this from
me.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS