[BaadAssGremlins] Funny little doohickie things.....

[BaadAssGremlins] Funny little doohickie things.....

Past couple of days I have been working on the grille for my Gremlin. I
purchased a used grille from Eddie Stakes (THANKS EDDIE!) I am going to
use the chrome strip that is around the grille and of course it needs
cleaned and repolished before it gets installed on the N.O.S. grille
that I am going to use. The chrome strip has these strange type of
clips that I have never seen before. If aint one thing with an AMC its
another, learn somthing new everyday with these cars. They have a s-
shape to them and a little wire that sticks out from one end of the s-
shape. Then there is the part that goes through the grille and has the
little screw nuts that fasten to the grille and hold the chrome strip
to the grille. And of course they are all rusted and are in need to be
replaced. Has anyone delt with these kind of clips and are they
replacable? Or, am I stuck with trying to restore the ones that I have.
Thanks Bill Id.