Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Converting from 2bbl to 4bbl carb

Doc's right about the trans kick down lever...I ended up burning up 2 trannys(904's) before I got smart and went to a full manual valve bodie in the trans. That took care of the kick down lever entirely. After the reverse band went south was when I had enough and went to the 4 speed. I never ever did get the trans kick down to work properly...say like going up a hill and ya stood on the throttle...stoopid thing would kick itself all the way down to first gear...not good to say the least!! Never had an issue with the throttle cable but Doc is right about the headers also and cam...The motor has to beable to breath so headers and a full flow exaust makes a big difference. I also found out that ya have to have a good hot spark to burn that extra fuel also, that helps. Expence is another factor also. You can easily build a V-8 for all the goodies that you can put on an inline. BIG BUCKS!! NO WAMMIES!! remember tha stoopid game show?? lol! Bill Id.

From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Converting from 2bbl to 4bbl carb
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:31:40 -0500

You might also think about up grading to a better cam if you are going
with a 4 bbl. Also you will have to make sure you make the trans kick
down linkage work too or you will ruin the tranny if you have an
automatic. You may also need a longer throttle cable too. Personally I
would just go with a modern 2 bbl to replace that factory crap. My son's
first Javelin came with a 6 cyl engine with a 4 bbl and in my opinion it
was not worth the expense without the headers and a cam. Also you may
have a clearance problem on the headers if you have power steering. Just
my 2 cents.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS