Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Dealer installed C/C!? CANADIAN CAR!? F.L.B.T.?? A

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Dealer installed C/C!? CANADIAN CAR!? F.L.B.T.?? ARRRGGG!!

Hi Bill, crusie command was not a deal option in 1970-71. I think your car
is a 71? But no, not even a Accessory. However, just because it was not
listed as a Dealer installed item don't mena that a dealer would not install
one for you. My website is littered with shit people and 'gurus' claim
didn't happen. So neat option, John said it right after reading another
comment, be careful with it. I believe Cruise Command was indeed offered on
Hornet, but later, possibly 74-76, maybe 77, I'll have to check. It is a
simple setup with bellows, two speedo cables/one to speedometer to box, the
other from box to trans, and of course the switch. Some models had the
Cruise Command off to the side, I mean way down on the driver side of dash
above the emergency brake, but in the dash, as a button. Rebel, Ambassador
and Matador come to mind. I can show you a photo of where my factory 68
Rebel convertible 'Machine's is located if anyone wants, but I have always
thought it was odd placing it way down there. I do not know what year
however it ended up being in the column in a lever, possibly 1975.

Canadian cars. You are on the border. Same here, we have lots of Mexican
cars, and on the other side of the Texas border, you see weird stuff like
1983 AMXs, Lermas, 1973 Americans to name a few AMC models that the name
lived on under different models. Chances are your car might have been
delievered new to a Canadian dealership which it was more convienent than
one on your side. Or it could have been a serviceman, student, or another
person who commuted. I have owned 4 Canadian cars here in Houston, and three
of them have been Hornets, VIN all 700,000+ range, bet those boogers could
tell some mileage stories.

Something curious however. You mention this car came with original owners
manual and it states the car came with cruise control? The raeson I mention
this is on page 18 it lists 'additional features' of whihc one is Cruise
Command. This does not mean the car came with it, for instance if you dig
further in the owner manual, like page, 19 next over it shows electric
windows, of which was not a feature on Javelin, AMX, Hornet, Gremlin, only
Rebel and Ambassador in 1970. Page 63 shows how to adjust your torque links,
and only AMX came with them.

On the service manuals, you can commonly find reproduction ones on ebay for
1970 about $50-$60 a original mint one will set you back over $100, however
my suggestion is to get a repro. The Chilton's and Clymer's if you ever find
one, don't ghet into as much as a original AMC one will.

Is this car a two door or a four door?
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825