[BaadAssGremlins] Dealer installed C/C!? CANADIAN CAR!? F.L.B.T.?? ARRRG

[BaadAssGremlins] Dealer installed C/C!? CANADIAN CAR!? F.L.B.T.?? ARRRGGG!!

I got to messin' around with my Hornet yesterday, and before I do my
Homer impression, and do sumfin' really stoopid, I was wondering if
anyone here could give me some info on this car. This c/c has got me
just stumped and before I go cuttin' and a yankin' stuff out. I would
like to know if this c/c would or could be a dealer installed/option
accesory. Come to find out this c/c doesnt look like, after all, an
aftermarket item. It has brackets that mount to the carb, that look
like a factory or dealer installed item. The vacume "box" that runs
the c/c, on the p/s inner fender look like its been there for the
life of the car The "funny little blue thingy" which I now will refer
to it as F.L.B.T. on the intake manifold, which I have never seen
before, which has its own supply of vacume, off of the intake, which
has a vacume line that comes from the distributor. The vacume
advance, which has 2 vacume lines(never seen that before either) one
goes to the carb as normal(vacume spark as normal) and one goes to
the F.L.B.T. When the car runs(which is really good) the F.L.T.B.
makes a funny little "clicking" sound. The F.L.T.B. has a vacume line
that goes to the "box" for the c/c. The car came with the original
owners manual and it states that there was a dealer/option installed
c/c. Could this c/c be a dealer installed option? I thought that the
car would of came from the local AMC dealer in Moscow Id. On the back
of the owners manual someone had wrote where the car and what dealer
the car came from. It came from a dealer in Calgary Canada.
CANADA!!?? Why would someone buy a car in Canada and bring it to the
States? Is that, or was that a common practice? I need a sevice
manual and my "cherished" clymer or chilton or what ever it is only
goes back to 71 and has nothing about a c/c. I know that I have alot
of questions and I hope that I didnt confuzz anyone here more than
what I am already. Anyone who can, once again, point me in the
direction of a service manual for a 1970 AMC Hornet, and maybe give
me some idea on the c/c and the Canadian thing. I really dont want to
do anything to the car, and do the Homer Simpson thing, like, tear
stuff out that maybe very rare and very hard to find and then........
D-OH!  Bill "confused in Northern Idaho" LOL!!