From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] A Little Tweaking
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:56:24 -0500

On the Alt. I went big buck and bought a one wire like Hal said, but a
brand new 100 amp one from Kennedy American. There is also somthing you
have to do with the wiring to make the idiot light work. I didn't bother
as I have an Auto Meter volt meter in the factory gauge pod under the
dash. If you have power steering and it is a 74 you are in for some
bracket modifications and other work to make it fit. Clearance with a
car with power steering and the alt. is very very close. Check the AMX
Files a few days back as I gave a detailed description on how mine as
done. I didn't physically do it myself due to poor health but supervised
and had machining done at another friends shop  and worked with my
friend who did the final installation at his shop. I also got the part
no# from a guy on the AMX files for a 1/4" shorter belt that helped. If
you need the no# let me know. It was a real pain of a job but it was
well worth what I had to spend to get rid of that old Motorola crap that
was in the car.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS