[BaadAssGremlins] Was 1970 Hornet.../ Now Keys

[BaadAssGremlins] Was 1970 Hornet.../ Now Keys

Here's a trick to get keys. Remove the door lock tumbler. It is the same
as the ignition switch. Bring it to a locksmith and have him make you a
key. Next remove the glove box tumbler it is the same as the trunk key
and give it to the locksmith. Between me and my son having 6 cars
between us and 2 AMC's each I cut down on the amount of keys I carried
by one set by having the orange car keyed the same as my yellow
Hornet.Good luck with the new car.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---

I guess I just GOT LUCKY....AGAIN!! I should buy powerball tickets!! But I am not a gambler. I feel that I am gamling with this car that I just got. I paid a whole 75 bucks for a running car!(I hope the damn thing runs! LOL!!)  I have no keys for it,(but I do know someone who knows a locksmith) and I am in need of a couple of tail light covers and turn signal covers. I have tires for it and a battery. The grille is cracked and so is one of the headlight bezels.(gonna be doin' some gluein')  I am "raping" my Gremlin for the spark plug wires, and the front bench seat is shot to hell. We all stumble onto things or know someone who knows someone. I just happened to stumble onto this car, and I am trying to save it. Maybe not for myself, but for the nastalgic of it. Its almost as old as I am. And if the damn thing runs like I think it will I just might show up at that AMO Show. Not in my Gremlin but in the "Blue Hornet". That show is the weekend of my 41st. birthday. The shape of the body, which by the way is not excellent but damned near it, all I would have to do is sand it and paint it. My Grandmother had an AMC, ( which I own now, my Gremlin) My Mother had a Rambler and she had a 75 Hornet S.W.(which I totalled when I was 14) So AMC's have been in my family since I can remember. ( I do remember the Rambler, I was 4 or 5 and I remember the drunk who plowed into it while it was parked in front of the house)  I would like to keep it as "original as possible". As far as the AMC dealers...I still have one that is close and thats where all of my family's AMC's came from and probably this Hornet came from also. Ambasador Auto in Moscow Idaho. They now sell Jeeps and Subaru's, but I did call them when I was looking for a few parts for my Gremlin, believe it or not they still have some stuff on the shelf, or they know where to get stuff. There's my .02 on this. Eddie is right about one thing...."ANY AMC IS RARE!" and how often does a person stumble onto somthing to good to pass up? I believe anyone of us here would not of passed it up. I was, but for 75 bucks?      JUST CALL ME AN AMC FOOL! Bill Lewiston Id.