Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: N.O.S. Grille....

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: N.O.S. Grille....

The bumpers should fit, The doors should fit and the glass will fit. The front
ends won't unless you change the whole dog house. The tail lights are different
as well as the rear glass. The dash and the gagues are different. Actually the
differences between a 77 and a 78 were kind of amazing. They looked exactly the
same on the outside. There were a bunch of things different about them. The 77
was like the older Gremlins while the 78 is like the Concords, Spirits that
came after then. If that makes since.
Terry

--- Begin Message --- Ok guys , here's another good question for ya. Will a 78 rear bumper fit a 74 car. I'm going to look at a parts car tomorrow and I assume most parts will swap  Paul

Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If yoru car came with the 5MPH bumper you are all set. You bought the correct grille for your car.
 I hope that clears it up for ya
 Davis

"William T. Renshaw" <lionwren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@... wrote:

> In a message dated 2/27/2006 9:11:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> martin-davis@... writes:
>
> Bart,
> It will only work on a later 73.(wich is what you have) The 70-
early 73
> didn't have the 5 MPH bumper shocks and there is no room for the
bottom of the
> late 73-76 grille to fit between the bumper and the body. In order
to make it
> fit you either have to use the later style bumper or cut the
bottom of the
> grille.
> Also the fenders changed when the grille changed.
> Davis
>

> That's why i removed mine and threw em away noe any 70-73 and 74-76
grill
> can fit my gremlin
> Bart

So now I guess I have to switch fenders??!! EEEGADS!! I know I am
in need of some fenders so for me to use this grille, I have to use
the 74 and up fenders? If I am reading what you wrote right.. Bill
Lewiston Id.