Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: N.O.S. Grille....

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: N.O.S. Grille....

Ok guys , here's another good question for ya. Will a 78 rear bumper fit a 74 car. I'm going to look at a parts car tomorrow and I assume most parts will swap  Paul

Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If yoru car came with the 5MPH bumper you are all set. You bought the correct grille for your car.
 I hope that clears it up for ya
 Davis

"William T. Renshaw" <lionwren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@... wrote:

> In a message dated 2/27/2006 9:11:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> martin-davis@... writes:
>
> Bart,
> It will only work on a later 73.(wich is what you have) The 70-
early 73
> didn't have the 5 MPH bumper shocks and there is no room for the
bottom of the
> late 73-76 grille to fit between the bumper and the body. In order
to make it
> fit you either have to use the later style bumper or cut the
bottom of the
> grille.
> Also the fenders changed when the grille changed.
> Davis
>

> That's why i removed mine and threw em away noe any 70-73 and 74-76
grill
> can fit my gremlin
> Bart

So now I guess I have to switch fenders??!! EEEGADS!! I know I am
in need of some fenders so for me to use this grille, I have to use
the 74 and up fenders? If I am reading what you wrote right.. Bill
Lewiston Id.