[BaadAssGremlins] TKO NOTICE: eBay Auction(s) Cancelled

[BaadAssGremlins] TKO NOTICE: eBay Auction(s) Cancelled

For those of ya'll looking for the million dollar Javelin, it got taken out
again. Below is some good advise, although sort of late, but good advise I
guess to watch your ass on some of those fruad auctions that pop up on
fee-bay. Note that if someone used Paypal, you "may be" eligible for a $1000
cover. However, again as mentioned before the scam works like this:

The scammers steal someone's ID, and some photos of whatever. In this case
(and February 17th) it was a blue 69 Javelin. They put up a auction quickly
(and on the 17th had over a dozen fruad auctions everything from Mustang to
Healey) but all they are doing is phishing for emails from suckers who think
they are getting a deal of a lifetime. And once you bid, they have your
email to contact you directly. Usually informing you that "they will take
your offer and you can paypal (or insert credit card here) them the funds to
hold the car" for you. Needless to say that is how 4 people got ripped off
for the tune of $4500 each a few weeks ago. And the scammers will be long
gone with your money and you have no recourse, 'maybe' $1K coverage on
paypal, but that is only if you took out the insurance to begin with duh.

Best thing to do until ebay gets a handle on this crap is for everyone to be
vigiliant, and if you see something too good to be true AMC-wise, quickly
let other AMCers know.

Or better yet, click on "live chat" on the front page of ebay and give them
the auction number so they can check quickly. I think it is more fun bidding
millions of dollars on it however, and emailing those bidders directly
letting them in on the scam so they too can bid millions :~))

Since I was uh, the high bidder on this Javelin (thanks roxie for alerting
me!) and then again live chatted ebay with info, this is the TKO notice I
got from ebay with things to do in case I had sent any electronic transfer
of funds to the scammers. Won't be the last time we see these scams either!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx