Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 72 Gremlin

Ed the bad part about waiting for my chance to buy my orange car was
that the guy worked at the city garage 6 blocks from my house and I had
to see it parked there and cursed him out as I drove by every day. What
made it even worse is the idiot was a so called mechanic and I use the
term "mechanic" loosely, he ran the car into the ground mechanically,
but it still was a 99% rust free car. I was lucky that a long time AMC
friend heard the car was for sale and 2 hours later it was mine. If I
didn't grab the car right then it was going to be sold to a local tow
truck operator to be made into a race car with probably a brand "X"
engine in it. He had a bad reputation of starting to build a race car
and never finishing it, so this 30+ year old survivor would have ended
up in the crusher. In the 5 years I waited for the car I got screwed out
of a Gremlin by having an emergency trip to  the hospital on the day I
was supposed to go look at the car, The owner did not hear from me and
sold it to a used car lot the next day. I made a 4 hour round trip to
look at a so called mint Hornet coupe that was barely a parts car. I
made another 5 1/2 hour round trip to look at a Matador sedan that just
"needed a paint job" but was also barely a parts car. In fact the
Matador parts car parked next to it was in better shape. So I guess God
just made me wait for the orange car. Besides the 74 Hornet Hatchback is
my favorite car and having my original one I had a garage full of parts
for that car. Good luck with the new car.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- It was a long search, but I did enjoy the hunt...
Ed

--- AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Congrats on the new Gremlin Ed. I know what it is
> like to wait for a
> car. It took almost 5 years to get my orange car
> from the guy that
> screwed me out of it originally.
> "Doc"
>
> > To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: Ed Veneck <edveneck@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:42:55 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] 72 Gremlin

---------------------------------
My quest is over, after 4 years of looking for a clean
rust free Gremlin body.!!!!
I bought a 72 Gremlin on ebay last Saturday and
pulled her home today.  I posted pics in a folder
marked ?Ed?s Gremlin?.  The person I got it from
bought it from someone in Texas, and hauled it up here
to Nebraska 6 years ago.  The car has 50,000 miles and
almost on rust!  There is a small rust hole in front
of the left rear wheel and another behind the right.
The floors and doors are in great shape.  It?s a 6
cylinder auto, with power steering, but that will soon
change to a 390 and a T5 5 speed.  I also plan on
decking it out with black ?X? stripes and black
interior, after it gets a new coat of Stardust Silver
Poly Paint.
Now the fun begins!!!!
Ed

Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com