Re: [BaadAssGremlins] InteriorWha

A good upholstery shop can probably fix the seat but they ain't cheap. I
just had the 2 bucket seats done in my yellow Hornet. The drivers seat
was really bad. I supplied the original seat insert material and the
upholstery shop supplied the rest and it cost me 500$. Same with the
orange car, I supplied the insert material, 2 buckets and the bottom
cushion for the rear seat 650$. It cost me 147$ for 3 yards of the seat
insert material. These are N.Y. priced which are usually higher than the
rest of the country. Upholstery shops are few and far between near me.
The best one was in the next town and I waited 6 months for him to take
the orange car and it was done in a week. A week later he took the
yellow car and had it for 6 weeks. The quality of the work was
outstanding and in my opinion well worth the price and wait.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Next step is getting a warm day so I can get estimates on the front seat. What
scares me is the back of the drivers side is broken. The back of the seat
leans too far back to be comfortable. I put a box end wrench on a rod that
sticks out to keep it upright. Don't know if this can be fixed or not. If not
I guess I will hit the junk yards and try and find me two highback buckets
seats out of a two door car that half way matches the color of my interior.
Don't rally want to do this but if I get high back seats I don't think they
will look too bad. Talking about getting parts. My buddy with the 89 Mustang
Convertible found himself a whole interior out of a low mileage Mustang for
his last summer. He got two like new bucket seats, the rear seat, the sill
plates, a cover for his top, rear window, and some other parts. $100.
Terry