Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Help needed!!

I know....I know...but I have to get up the "GUMPTION" to get my garage cleaned up and organized...I have got L.U.V. parts everywhere and those all need to go to storage...Then I have to fix my bench..it needs some help...THEN once that is all done... if it warms up enough (its really cold here right now which is surprising for the "BANNANA BELT") I can get the Gremlin in the garage and start on it.. I am going to have to figure out what is good and what is bad...Its been sitting for about 17 years or somthing like that (covered of course) and just what I want and need to do....Once I get started...it will be alllllright!!! LOL!! My fenders are full of bondo and I need to figure if I want to fix them or try to find good replacements...The poor ol' grill has been glued so many times now I dont even know where to start on that at.... The bumper has a small dent in it but that can be restraitened... The straight 6 has to come out and be torn down, the T-10 has to go to a shop and get rebuilt...The brakes!!!!  eeeegads on that one!! LOL!! I would like to convert the drums to disc and have power brakes. All the custom Chrome has to be cleaned up ( its all still in show room condition!!)  One good thing!!!!  The interior is all still in really good shape and I will have to repaint it all. I didnt like the original blue at one time in my life (thats been how long ago??) LOL! I tore everything out and repainted everything....gloss black, so its going to have to be redone. (AGAIN!!) I just may redo the door panels in Levi's like I did with my L.U.V. truck, I have a really good friend who is a seamstress and I get really good deals on stuff like that. It will be atleast a month or so before I can really start on this car...but  I am working on it.... You do know the old saying dont ya???? "GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME AND VERY GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!"  This is no B.S. story here.... When the car was up and running with the 904 auto and a full manual valve bodie in the trans..  it used to run a high 14 sec quarter mile!!! Now that is purty darned good for a straight 6!!! If I dont say so myself... BUT!! I was young at that time and didnt really take as good of the car as I should of...we all make mistakes in our lives and we live and learn from those mistakes!! So please just give me some time here and I will be posting photos of the complete tear down and rebuild of this car....I am excited to start it!!  I am!!! I am really I am!! sam i am!!! LOL!! And I will worry about the "funds" later down the road...Thank you for giving the "gumption" to get this car started!! Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho

From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Help needed!!
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:19:43 -0500

Even if you are short on cash you could pick up a part here and there. I
hunted for 1 1/2 years for the parts for my interior before I started on
it 1 year ago. At the time I was on a tight budget being on SS
Disability. Fortunately I came into a large tax free sum of money which
helped me 1 1/2 years ago. Many people build their cars on a tight
budget. I have in the past when my kids were growing up.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS