[BaadAssGremlins] Hobby?

 I don't know if I came home in the 63 American wagon or the 59 Cross
Country. My dad and grand dad always had Nashes or Hudsons, so for Dad
it wes the best of a bad situation when they merged. He drove out to
Arizona from Arkansas along Route 66 in 1954 in a 53 Hudson Hornet
convertible. My first plastic model, when I was seven, was a 68
Javelin SST. When I was 18, I bought a BBO 69 Javelin with a 390 and 4
speed for 425 bucks. The same guy let my best friend have a Hunter
Green 70 Javelin SST 390 for 75 dollars. That car had an automatic,
and the ring gear was broken. My older brother bought a new 73 Levi's
Gremlin X (Maxi Blue). It was a 258. He paid it off, and it was my
first car at 16. My little brother, not to be outdone, beat me to a 73
Hornet hatchback I was trying to get an old lady to sell me. He got it
for $500. It had a 360, auto, A/C, and it was bright red with white
stripes and white vinyl roof with white interior. Oh, and a trailer
hitch. The old lady used it only to pull her Airstream. Needless to
say, he had some transmission work to do very shortly. My best friend
and I used a 70 Hornet 2 door post for a rally car($100) for a while,
with a transplanted 390/T-10. All the cars above slowly gave way year
after year to a slightly different lifestyle. When you have children,
your "lifestyle" is sort of decided for you. I did manage to drive a
76 Pacer coupe to college in the 90's after the Army, and I also had
an 87 Cherokee Chief while in, a 79 Cherokee Chief(don't let 'em tell
you they didn't come with 401's), a 79 Honcho pickup, and a CJ2A. I've
seen the truck side too. Now the kids are grown, and I'm gettin' my
hands on every time machine I can find, to make up for 20 years of
starving my "lifestyle" to death. At this point, it has only recovered
to "Hobby" stage so far. Because I haven't figured out how to do this
in my sleep yet. (I'm workin' on that one) /;]
Nashin' on my Rambler...
 mike