[BaadAssGremlins] Sportabout

I finaly got around to checking out the 73 Hornet Sportabout. It is advertised
as a 1 owner 53,000 mile car but the poor thing must have spent its entire
life outside. Top of fenders were rusted through. Might could have saved
drivers side but would have to have a passenger side fender to make it look
right. Lot of rust around the rear wheel wells and of course the bottom of
doors and rocker panels were all rusted. The normal AMC rust. Interior was way
less than perfect. It has make offer. I got the number but unless I change my
mine I think I will pass on it. If it had a V8 in it or even if the interior
was in good shape I would have thought more about it. Now if it had been a 73
Gremlin in that kind of shape I would have seen what kind of deal I could have
worked out. I would have gotten my 5 gallon bucket of Bondo out put it in
black primer and had my older style work in progress to go along with my 78.
Oh well maybe next time.
Terry

--- Begin Message ---