Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Adding extra 3/8 head bolts/studs on a 401 block

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Adding extra 3/8 head bolts/studs on a 401 block INFO needed

Locating them is easy. Just bolt on your heads and drill thru the holes in the head. If your machine shop is competent they should have no trouble figuring out the rest.
 Davis

Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK. My 401 short block is in the shop getting
bored,balanced...etc. It's a block assy i bought from
a fellow i've never used.Just found out today it needs
decked also.Always something unexpected! Now...i
already have a set of INDY SR complete kit street
aluminum heads for it. WHERE do i locate
info/schematics...etc on adding the extra 3/8" head
bolts to the lower edge of the 401 block?? Where in
the @#$#$% do you get 3/8" head bolts and washers for
the aluminum heads? I have the complete SR 401 INDY
head kit...came with ARP head bolts and washers. INDY
catalog states..."heads can be drilled for extra 3/8
head bolts". BUT...nothing about the 3/8 bolts are
listed in the INDY parts book i have?? What ##, where
do you get them? Can i use STUDS micxed with the ARP
head bolts that came with the kit? ?? Also..HOW DEEP
do you drill/tap the block? Need dimensions of the
bolts,washers?? I have to take my heads in tomorrow so
they can drill them out. ALSO..where do you get head
gaskets with the extra holes?? Do you have to modify
them yourself? I already have a set of ROL hi-perf
head gaskets.Please email me direct with the info!!
THANKYOU ,Joe