Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin/Hornet AT trans mounts??

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin/Hornet AT trans mounts??

I have offered the guy money for lunch or breakfast but he refuses. I
have however told his boss what a great qualified person he has working
for him. I know the boss since he opened the store. Unfortunately he has
the computer button pushers there too. I asked one of the young button
pushers for a rebuilt carb for my 77 Chebby a few years ago and he said
"are you kidding me"? I jumped all over him verbally. Why would I ask
for somthing if I didn't want it? The qualified guy I get my parts from
said I was to harsh with the guy. The button pusher's father is a higher
up in the place. Courtesy when dealing with the public is job 1# as you
are a representative of the place you work for.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Doc, you are lucky, not a whole lot of parts guys left out there that know
how to read.
Books. Most will simply say 'uh, not available' when looking in computer.
These guys who go the distance and look thru those parts books, can match up
stuff by sight, and different model, are few and far between. I have a few
guys at the O'Reillys here like that.

Suggestion: occasionally take them a box of Church's or Popeye's fried
chicken. Or stop at dollar store and pick up a big bag of Twix for them.
These guys will not only remember you, but keep up the good work finding
many obsolete or hard to find stuff for 'the amc guy'.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx