[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Body parts RIPP-OFF on ebay .... "CARFINDS" LONG!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Body parts RIPP-OFF on ebay .... "CARFINDS" LONG!! RIPOFF!!

Just type in(search by seller)...CARFINDS!! Real Nice guy on the
phone...but..honest??????? ONE thing i HATE..is a liar(excuse
me...truth modifier)!! As they say on ebay descriptions(this IS
legal)....."NO dammage that i CAN SEE"!!! Maybe they are BLIND...or
NOT looking?? I'm still waiting for my other parts(Ambo left fender
and bumper guards,Pinto bumper filler panel for my son).The 1/4's
arrived today...My Back is really acting up.....so i have not moved
them or unwrapped them YET. Almost scared to!! It's about midnite
here...MAY just go out and cut off the cardboard...or not...I do WANT
to sleep tonight!Carfinds WON'T return email as to the tracking ## or
WHEN the remaining parts shipped???? Another fellow bought the
343...HOPE he did not get screwed also??? I'll call the yard tomorrow
and TRY to negotiate something! Joe --- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:

> Joe. this has been a common problem for years, even before ebay
invented.
> One thing you have seen me write about is NOS. Folks assume NOS
means
> perfect when in fact NOS is a say, 40 year old part that has been
tossed
> around in back rooms and shelves at deaerships, then warehouses for
years.
> Ususually has scuffs, scrapes, bends, shit wrong.
>
> It's also why wen people ask me abuot sheetmetal I tell them to
look a
> little closer to home, like contacting all/and area/regional AMC
and Rambler
> clubs in my "links" section first, and by running ads in their
area, and
> also contacting any vendors in my 'vendors' area to keep a eye out
for them.

> Sheetmetal has been at a premium for the last 5-7 years, and is
scarce since
> most of the old aMCs have been scrapped, along with millions of old
cars in
> junkyards and salvage yards across the US due to the high prices
Chinese
> paying for steel.
>
> A rustfree door is still a rust free door however, even beat to
shit.
> However, if it had waves, dents, broken off hinges, missing
interior
> regulators and tracts, no glass, and so forth, this should have
been brought
> up by the sellers! I can only imagine what you have paid for
shipping all
> this stuff also, especially the larger items!
>
> I recently sent a 70 non ram air hood from Houston to Santa Clara
and
> shipping was $460 for it. The buyer has a copr account so they
deducted a
> sizable amount, but then popped them for 'fuel surcharges' so the
hood was
> still over $200 to ship.
>
> As for junkyards, well, they will tell you anything to get a sale I
learned
> back in the 1970s. Especially if you can't see the part up close
and
> personal. Hell, even if you can touch it they will tell you it 'is
rare, one
> of a kind, you won't find another and if you don't buy it now, it
will be
> twice the price tomorrow' ad nauseum. Only the 'buy it tomorrow it
will be
> twice the price part applies to AMC however!'
>
> I wished you had contacted Mike in NM, as he has a number of
rustfree
> intermediates like Rebel, Ambassador and Matador and could have
hooked you
> up. I recently posted that "non amx/jav form letter" on the amc-
list
> amxfiles, as someone was looking for 66 1/4 panels. I can post it
here if
> anyone remotely interested as all those salvage yards have a slew
of
> Grem/Horn/Spir/Eag/Conc series cars in them.
>
> You need to call that place back up and get on their ass and ask
for a
> refund. However, chancesd are you will be out not once, but twice,
on
> shipping and crating, to and from. But you do need to let them know
that you
> are not happy and disappointed in the parts! Maybe they will issue
you a
> partial credit.
>
> PS: give the rest of us here their auction number or main link to
stuff if
> they are selling on ebay so we can check it out, or their website
and other
> info.
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@xxxx
> www.planethoustonamx.com

ebay .... "CARFINDS"
> LONG!! RIPOFF!!
>

> > Q@$#$^%&(*&%$@#&^*%$%#@.....OK. A couple of weeks ago i located
some
> > much needed body panels for my 67 Ambassador convertible on ebay.
> > They were at a California salvage yard named CARFINDS on ebay!! A
> > good friend of mine loaned me the $$$$$ since i'm still laid off!I
> > CALLED the fellow in California several(4-5) times before
bidding,and
> > got EXACT (HOHOHO) descriptions of the parts over the phone.
> > Well...the right door and right fender arrived at the airport bus
> > terminal Sunday....WHOLLY CRAP!!!! Waiting for my 1/4 panels,other
> > front fender...and a piece i bought for my son's car AND a set of
> > Ambo bumper guards....The left fender,bumper guards and part for
my
> > son..MAGICALLY have NOT even been shipped yet. DHL is to drop off
my
> > 1/4's Monday! I paid for everything TWO weeks ago!!!!The Door is
> > COMPLETELY SHITTTTTTT. RUST FREE...yes...BUT beat ALL to HELL!!!!
> > BONDO in it also...On the phone..."yes sir..it's perfect"!!!!!!
The