[BaadAssGremlins] Body parts RIPP-OFF on ebay .... "CARFINDS" LONG!! RI

[BaadAssGremlins] Body parts RIPP-OFF on ebay .... "CARFINDS" LONG!! RIPOFF!!

Joe. this has been a common problem for years, even before ebay invented.
One thing you have seen me write about is NOS. Folks assume NOS means
perfect when in fact NOS is a say, 40 year old part that has been tossed
around in back rooms and shelves at deaerships, then warehouses for years.
Ususually has scuffs, scrapes, bends, shit wrong.

It's also why wen people ask me abuot sheetmetal I tell them to look a
little closer to home, like contacting all/and area/regional AMC and Rambler
clubs in my "links" section first, and by running ads in their area, and
also contacting any vendors in my 'vendors' area to keep a eye out for them.

Sheetmetal has been at a premium for the last 5-7 years, and is scarce since
most of the old aMCs have been scrapped, along with millions of old cars in
junkyards and salvage yards across the US due to the high prices Chinese
paying for steel.

A rustfree door is still a rust free door however, even beat to shit.
However, if it had waves, dents, broken off hinges, missing interior
regulators and tracts, no glass, and so forth, this should have been brought
up by the sellers! I can only imagine what you have paid for shipping all
this stuff also, especially the larger items!

I recently sent a 70 non ram air hood from Houston to Santa Clara and
shipping was $460 for it. The buyer has a copr account so they deducted a
sizable amount, but then popped them for 'fuel surcharges' so the hood was
still over $200 to ship.

As for junkyards, well, they will tell you anything to get a sale I learned
back in the 1970s. Especially if you can't see the part up close and
personal. Hell, even if you can touch it they will tell you it 'is rare, one
of a kind, you won't find another and if you don't buy it now, it will be
twice the price tomorrow' ad nauseum. Only the 'buy it tomorrow it will be
twice the price part applies to AMC however!'

I wished you had contacted Mike in NM, as he has a number of rustfree
intermediates like Rebel, Ambassador and Matador and could have hooked you
up. I recently posted that "non amx/jav form letter" on the amc-list
amxfiles, as someone was looking for 66 1/4 panels. I can post it here if
anyone remotely interested as all those salvage yards have a slew of
Grem/Horn/Spir/Eag/Conc series cars in them.

You need to call that place back up and get on their ass and ask for a
refund. However, chancesd are you will be out not once, but twice, on
shipping and crating, to and from. But you do need to let them know that you
are not happy and disappointed in the parts! Maybe they will issue you a
partial credit.

PS: give the rest of us here their auction number or main link to stuff if
they are selling on ebay so we can check it out, or their website and other
info.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825