Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: kammback

Glad I can be of service. The guy who owns the house wanted to take the paper to work at Ford, but I talked him out of it. I'll have to check see if I have your address on one of the items I purchased from you. I'm thinking your return address must be on one of the  items. anywho  I'll check tomorrow and let you know>  Paul

eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sure send that to me, as I just was quoting the stockholders report from 1985 in another online place as someone asked when 'AMC quit putting their logos on cars' and well, not to get off topic, but this was my answer...............

"One more thing. About the 88 Eagles, it is my understanding that Chrysler
removed all exterior AMC emblems from the 88s. It I believe goes back into
1986. I have stock holders information here and rare stuff I will have to
check into. The reason why I mention this is the ratification of the Renault
transaction was 7.29.85. But Renault was rather adamant about having AMC
logo on 'their' cars. It goes back further into the strained Alliance era
where AMC wanted some of the glory with the 'car of the year' and was
sticking little AMC decals inside the back of the windows of the Renaults. I
could go back further even as talks with Renault LePeiceOfShit began in
1977!

But someone on your site asked about decals. Interiorwise, you could find
AMC emblems and such all the way into 1992! Radios, belts, hoses, you name
it, tons of this stuff stuff had AMC on it. However, when it came to
exterior, no, because Renault didn't want to be associated with a
failing/failed car company. So they tried to generic the Eagle. I believe
the main reason why was press. Every time you read or heard about AMC they
had a hyphen in from of name like "struggling American Motors" and "post
another loss" or "lose millions in the quarter" for instance. Sort of like
what we see with Ford and GM right now....damaged goods."

Interesting that you found something like that from 1978. AMC had some monster problems, especiall quality control which sucked, from 76, 77, 78. They had been schmoozing with the frogs (le piecesoffeces) since mid 76, but 'talks began in earnet' in 1977. So from a historical aspect, stuff like that (to me) is facinating.

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx