[BaadAssGremlins] re: AMO AMC nationals Dayton, OH 07.27-29.06

[BaadAssGremlins] re: AMO AMC nationals Dayton, OH 07.27-29.06

Something ya'll might consider is whiel it would be a 'non sanctioned AMO
event' see if a nearby (within reasonable distance) track will be open on
Thurs or Fri night and have a AMC day. Can't do it Saturday night as that is
the awards banquet. But Friday night would be good and piggyback onto this
nationals. My first suggestion however before anyone wants to get anything
started is find out the official intenery of the meet. That is the actual
schedule of events, to make sure there is no conflict with the host club, or
national club's interest. The reason why (and I can say this with 11
regionals and a national under my loosening belt) is that you have shit
sometimes start up on the internet that may be a great idea, like in 1998
with a 'amc list meet' at Ruffalo's in Kenosha. Problem was it was Friday
night. Which directly conflicted with scheduled meetings, cruise night at
Andy's and a screening of 'The Man With The Golden Gun' bond AMC cult
classic at the Sheridan Drive Inn on the outskirts of town. So you have to
plan around 'thier schedule' as it is their meet and I assure you, they have
busted their asses the past 3 years, and will not sleep 96 hours stright
thru the meet putting it on to insure a good time, and no glitches.

The problem (I didn't think it was at the time) conflict of the amc-list
meet was that it took away a good 20-50 people who otherwise would have been
involved in official activities. Granted, I was there and it was
disorganized, just a bunch of AMC fans showed up, stood around, shot the
bull, then headed off in every direction, but was still fund for that short
time; most ended up going back to the host hotel Holiday Inn to see the
every increasing array of cars, while others went to the drive inn. Paige
and me went to a pub to drink, we had went to so many damned official
meetings it was numbing! I may add the people at the pub, which was almost
across the street from the host hotel, Paige and me threw darts, she is
pretty good too, and has played on several Houston dart teams, but I still
kick her ass. But we rarely paid for anythign and I walked with about $100
beating the crap out of locals playing darts. "We ain't never seen anyone
throw 13 bullseyes straight." Well duh. Free Guiness is the best Guiness.

Anyhows, if somehow it comes to pass that a event can piggyback on top of
this event, that would be great but whoever wants to do it seriously needs
to open some form of communication now with the host chapter, and the area
track, just don't show up and say 'we going to meet here' as it will torpedo
both. Been there done that, never again.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx