[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Is anyone going to the Amo event in ohio this year

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Is anyone going to the Amo event in ohio this year?

The first time I went to the dublin Ohio AMC meet I figured my 71 x
would not do well in the show class. Well these events are not like
big three events. They are understanding and very supportive. Last
year I put it in the judged class and even with my primer and faded
dash I took home a bronze in 1970-1988 amc modified. It made it all
worth it. Give it a chance don't go expecting a award, have fun and
enjoy the other AMC people that we never get to talk to. One thing I
love at Amc events is I finaly feel like im not alone.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry.Atkins@xxxx wrote:

>    You have me thinking Eddie. I was going to enter my Gremlin in
the display
> only class. What you are saying even though my the bottom third of
my Gremlin
> is black primer with a red stripe on it with Gremlin in stick on
letters. I had
> to do something to cover the bondo I have in the bottom of the
doors. The
> engine has 30 years of grease and the air pump is disconnected that
I should go
> ahead and enter it and let it me judged because who knows and who
cares. I
> might just do that. When I go to the local shows I keep the hood
shut and I
> heard more than one person say it must be a Gremlin X with that
paint job.
> Terry
>

> > Ya'll take note of what Terry mentions below. " The one I went to
in St
> > Louis had
> > about 8 or 9 Gremlins but no 77's or 78's that is why I was so
upset I
> > didn't
> > take mine." Terry, if you would have taken your's chances are if
judged you
> > probably would have taken at least a Bronze Award. And to boot,
been the
> > only one of it's kind there. I took photos of every vehicle on
the field,
> > and there was a number of vehicles I didn't see. Don't recall
seeing a
> > Concord wagon, or 66 Rebel, no 80 AMX, no 67 Ambassador
convertible although
> > two 68 Rebel convertibles, of which one is shown here. And like
the NAMDRA
> > AMC Nationals, you will see classes with no entries. It all
depends on what
> > shows up and where. There have been meets (regionals) I have
sponsored or
> > attended where all the cars are 68-70 AMXs, but few 71-74
Javelins or AMXs,
> > on the other hand, some, I have seen what I like to call 'the
bread and
> > butter attack' you see dozens of Ramblers,
> > Hornets/Gremlins/Concords/Spirits/Eagles, and also station wagons
and four
> > doors. These are the 'bread and butter' cars that kept AMC in
business day
> > in and out, so ti is refreshing to see them on and at meets!
Don't be shy,
> > you with friends, don't let that BBG Calif 500 AMX car intimidate
you just
> > because a $10K paint job. The field is there for cars, all of
them, from six
> > shades of bondo to cars that have made special arraingements to
come from
> > museum to display. Besides that is what my Planet Houston AMX
award is for
> > thru the years, it is for cars that "show the most potential and
> > promise"..............some owners go the course, some leave as
is, no big
> > deal it is all good. A number of other clubs are now also giving
these types
> > of awards as many times it is a incentive for the owner to keep
going and
> > stay the course on whatever it is they started! I would like to
know what
> > happened to the 70 Rebel Machine STATION WAGON in Atlanta I gave
this award
> > to, would like to see it now!
> >
> > But go to these meets, as you will learn. Take photos, it might
help in your
> > restoration down the road, you can find parts, meet people and
best of all,
> > have a lot of fun in 2006 with people who share the same interest
as you
> > do....in AMC.
> > Eddie Stakes'
> > Planet Houston AMX
> > 713.464.8825
> > eddiestakes@xxxx
> > www.planethoustonamx.com

reservations and plan
> > > on
> > > going up Thursday and comming back Sunday. The one I went to in
St Louis