Re: [BaadAssGremlins] door hinge pin bushing

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] door hinge pin bushing

My 74's one was built in late 73 and the other in late 74 both have
bronze bushing's. on the late 73 car the pins and bushing's were so bad
the the holes the bushing's fit into were oblong. I bought a GM bushing
kit off the Help section of my auto parts store. I drilled out the hole
for the larger GM bushing's and the hing pin holes for the larger GM
hinge pin. These are far superior than using AMC replacements and should
last forever. They have been in the car for 6-7 years now and have no
signs of wear and the car is used daily. I was lazy on my other 74 as
only the bushing's were shot so I used the AMC pins and bushing's.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- I'm still a little confused on what fits what.  I had a 70 Hornet a few years
back.  I ordered bushings from American Performance, part 3698103.  These
wouldn't fit in the hinges on the 70 Hornet.  What I found really odd was
that the old bushings that came out were nylon, not bronze.  They appeared to
be original because they had paint on them the same color as the body.  I
finally tried a set of Javelin bushing from my parts stash and was able to
get these to work.

My assumption is that for the Hornets and Gremlins there is an early and late
size for the bushings, but I don't know when the change was made.

Todd

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 15:04, Onree wrote:
> As I understand it, they will fit front doors on all the Hornet based
> (Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, and Eagle) AMC cars, 1970 to 1988. I
> think that the rear doors on 4-doors may use a shorter hinge pin, but I'm
> not sure about that. The back doors don't get used as much, so don't seem
> to wear out.
> Onree
>
> on 12/28/05 12:37 PM, Hal at strlcuckoo_46@xxxxxxxxx did write:
> > Onree,
> > Will these MOPAR parts work for all Gremlin doors?
> > Hal
> >
> > --- Onree <onree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> These are the same as used in Jeeps, and are
> >> available from Mother Mopar (I
> >> got mine at a Dodge dealer.)
> >>
> >> Part Number J3615486 for the hinge pin
> >>
> >> Part Number J3698103 for the bushing
> >> Onree
> >>

> >> on 12/27/05 9:19 PM, Charles Burch at
> >> warlocke@xxxxxxxxx did write:
> >>
> >> is there a way to find out what will interchange
> >> with a hingepin bushing on
> >> a 78 gremlin?

> >> Amc gremlin
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links