[BaadAssGremlins] re: overheating questions (and other things!)

[BaadAssGremlins] re: overheating questions (and other things!)

Doc sez:
"A few items know one ever thinks to change is the rubber brake hoses,
charcoal canister hoses at the roll over valve or the rubber fuel hose from
the tank to the body."

Holey moley! How true on the fuel line from tank to body! Some of ya'll
remember this story years ago which almost cost me a SC/360 but more
importantly a whole gas station. I left my apartment in beautiful 'Gang
Gardens' off Ocee (don't miss that place there was another two killings
there this last month alone; and a crackhead jumped out of second story
window injuring himself when dragons were chasing him, if you want to see
dragons, get your butt 1 1/2 miles down and live off bellaire in one of
three Houston's Chinatown's) but I went to the Daimond shamrock on Richmond
at Ocee and put gas in the SC/360, of course carefully removing the NOS gas
cap. Afterwards I was fixing to pull onto Richmond and someone came yelling
at me, and first thing I thought was A>didn't pay for gas; B>carjacking;
C>someone had some meth for sale; D>hey buddy nice Nova!. But the guys' eyes
were wide and he said I 'was pouring gas out' from behind the car. It was
not behind the car, it was UNDER IT. And I have illegal 'dumps' on thi scar
so the exhaust kicks out before the axle, and neeless to say, this is where
the gas was pouring out from! I shut it down quickly, and crawled under it,
looking back as the trail of gas to the pumps.

I told the guy I was going to make a quick run for it, knowing that the
danger was there with hot exhausts, and cranked it, hauled ass around the
corner, killing the car and coasting to side of apartment. Well, it was that
damned little gas line that Doc mentions above. For some reason people tend
to think they last forever, myself included.

Since we have crap gas in Houston, I may add that some pumps even list the
dangers of MTBE and how it will eat thru vehicles fuel lines. Like anyone
reads gas pump warnings, taxes, and other things they stick on the pumps
anyhows.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825