[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Bumper question

Ralph it appears this is same bumper. The Concord AMXs were colored bumpers,
and had a thin strip of rubber along top of the lip. I believe these bumpers
used were denickled and dechromed to be painted same body color, any bumper
place can do that however. Keep in mind shipping this item in the auction
will be in the $30-$45 range, usually oversize/balloon rate and very heavy
too. I don't see shipping listed in the auction, but might want to email
them quickly and ask where they are at to possibly configure a idea on
whether feasible rate to you. Looks like a great core too. AMC had some
serious chroming quality control problems in 76-78 I may add. Many of the
76-78 aMCs I have owned; rust will form underneath the lip of the bumper and
eat thru it. Rest of car fine, just bumpers go for some reason. And if it
has a rubber horizontal molding on it originally like the 77:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/77_amx_pr.jpg
or 78
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/78_AMX_PR.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_Nascar/amc%20ads/78_gremlin_gt_ad.jpg

or Pacers:
http://www.arcticboy.com/Pages/arcticboyspacer.html
the rust seems to form around the holes punched, and corners of the bumper.
Possibly different areas of the country fared better or worse, but this is
what happens down here, possibly because of the year round high humidity.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/images/77amx401_jpg.jpg
But this appears to be identical bumper judging from the books I have just
wallowed thru. Something you might want to quickly also ask when emailing
them is measure the distance between mounts from behind. Good luck,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx