RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Custom

Thanks John I was kinda thinkin the same thing. Was lookin at spare mechanical parts seats glass bumpers motor trans and all the usual stuff under the hood  Also things like switches and motors. But I'm kinda thinkin the same as you!

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The tail panel is the main difference. You'll have totally
different tail lights, hatch window and related bits and
pieces.

The front clip is also the Spirit-type redesign, but if you
were swapping the entire setup (valance/grille/hood/fenders),
it's a bolt-on swap.

The dash of the 78 is the later (78-88) type....like Spirits,
Eagles, Concords. Nothing much the same to a '74.

Wheels, doors, windshield, suspension and mechanical parts should
all be usable with minor variation here and there.

Seats will certainly swap, tho the upholstery paterns and colors
will be different.

In the end, $1000 may be a lot for the limited swapables you'll
gain. Buy if 'correctness' is less important than 'completeness',
then it may be worthwhile.

John W Rosa
www.JavelinAMX.com

1971 AMC Javelin ADPS 401 (police car)