Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Davis set up

Not sure of the years but the Lincoln Versailles was the sort of mid
sized Lincoln like the Seville was the mid size Caddy. All the
Versailles was a gussied up Ford Granada.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:

> Cameron,
>  The Ford 9" in my grem came out of a 70 mustang. It is exactally
the same width and same spring perch locations. This holds true for
any  9" rear out of mustangs from 65-70. Also the best is to find
one from a lincoln Versi ? spelling? It has the disk brake setup and
is also a direct fit. The only thing I had to change on the 9" in my
gremlin to make it fit was move the brake line T. It is on the
drivers side on a mustang, and on the passengers side on the
gremlin.
>  my tires look wider cause I have big slicks on rims with not
enough backspacing. I have a set of BFG 255/60/15 that fit nicely
under the grem. 10" wide slicks tend to stick out but that doesn't
concern me as I don't use them on the street
>  also I am pretty sure the 9" is the same under the Granada as
well. If memory serves me right amc gremlin rear is 52" backing
plate to backing plate and 43" from center of spring perch to center
of spring perch. Bring a tape measure with you when you go hunting
and good luck. The yard I got mine out of told me they were all sold
out of ford 9" rears that all the mustangs they had had 8" rears in
them..... I asked to look anyway and whala I procured myself a 9"
for 100 bucks!
>  P.S.
>  Incase you are not sure, the difference between the 8 and 9 inch
rear is there will be a bubble in the back of the pumpkin where the
9" ring gear sticks out. The 8" is smooth and rounded.
>  Davis
>
> amc_car_fan <amc_car_fan@xxxx> wrote:
> A "ford 9" ? If you meant Ford, what make/model did you get it off
of
> to fit the Gremlin or did you have to modify the axle housing? In
> looking at your photos, it appears that your tires are wider than
the
> fenders. Did you just get a rearend that was close and bolt it up?
I'm
> looking for one myself and would like to know what to look for at
the
> junkyards. Thanks. Cameron
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin davis@xxxx>
wrote:

> > No way will you achieve those #s with a cold weather smooth
daily
> driver. I am running mid 12's with highly modified heads, a custom
> ISKY cam 236 @ .050 540 lift, torker intake holley 650, milodon
deep
> oil pan, my race oil pump kit, 4000 stall 727 tranny with reverse
> manuel shift, 456 rear gears in a ford 9" with 28" tall tires. And
my
> car only weighs 2800 LBS.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

What year was the Lincoln that you are talking about? Do you know if
the rear end will fit under a spirit? Thanks Bryan

--- End Message ---