[BaadAssGremlins] Winter's Coming Soon

It's been getting colder here in the last 2-3 weeks with a lot of rain.
I can only imagine the horrible winter we are going to have if all this
rain continues and turns  to snow this winter. But at least it will be
nothing like what them poor people in Florida and the Gulf Coast have
gotten in the last 3 months. The upside is my Hornet's interior job is
almost done and I will have time this winter to work on some models.
Last winter even when I was stuck in the house I was making all new door
panels and finishing off plastic interior trim pieces. I just am going
to finish the last plastic part for the Hornet today. With the stickler
for detail I am I could not find a small plastic console/cup holder to
my satisfaction and the one I did wasent quite right and I could not get
it in black, so I settled for charcoal grey. While watching the NASCAR
race yesterday I whacked off the area I didn't like with my Dremil. Cut
a piece of door panel cardboard backing I had left over 4"X7" to fit the
hole. I then covered it with black vinal with a 1/4" foam backing. Now
it looks nice but too plain. I have a few  extra  Hornet fender emblems
thanks to Davis. The ones that have Hornet spelled out in chrome
letters. I centered the emblem drilled the holes for the mounting pins
and installed the emblem. I hot glued the pins from behind to hold the
emblem on. Today I will use SEM plastic paint to paint the console/cup
holder black. Taking my time I made sure the padded insert with the
Hornet emblem fit as perfect and as snug in the hole that I could make
it fit after the console is painted I can just use a hot glue gun to
secure it from the back as there is really no chemical glue that will
hold on the rubbery plastic. With the little attention to detail that
the Hornet fender emblem added you'd swear it was factory. I need to get
my yellow Hornet to my friends shop so we can do some rust repair and
the V8 conversion this winter weather allowing when I can get out of the
house.
"Doc"