Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Question about the pacer?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Question about the pacer?

Eh, no Pacer, even the stock 304/AT ones made from 77?-79 could get into the
13s. Any drive report form that era will give the times, most were in the
upper 15s, which is better than a lot of stuff on the road. I can tell you
however, from owning a few Pacer V8 wagons that they are extremely quick.
There were 3300 Pacer V8 wagons made in 78-79. If you ever see one, check
them out, real work of art on ow AMC somehow got a V8 into one of those, not
sure how myself. I would rather have a root canal with no anthestic than
change a starter on a V8 Pacer too, simply impossible to get to. There were
a number of mods if I recall (from memory) like different blocks/morot
mounts, and the oil filter housing was offset. Radiator was unusual also.

The original owner khaki one I sold several years ago for $500, Warren
barber down in the valley near the Mexican border has stuffed a stroker 401
in it. I am patiently awaiting photos and will be more than happy to share
them with ya'll guys, didn't know there were any Pacerettes on here besides
myself. The photo here is of the Mexican VAM built Pacer, this had a number
of differences than it's US counterpart.

Also since someone mentioned Gremlin XR, Donnie has a nice bit of info on
the Randall Gremlins. One of these popped up in NAMDRA for sale a few years
ago in OK for $2500:
http://www.gremlinx.com/RandallXR.htm

Note that this car would indeed turn 13s and for good reason. However,
someone pulling one of your body parts if they are telling you their Pacer
runs 13s stock. As with most track officials, ask them to lift the hood.
Remember it don't lift like conventional hood so be careful where you put
the Big Gulp!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825