[BaadAssGremlins] Re: katrina kars (was mice)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: katrina kars (was mice)

"chasing them out onto the roads" (deer)
This reminds me a of a story for a good friend I never met, but had dealt with for amny years, some of you in the northeast would remember him. Tim Tracy, one of the 'doc & jessie' fellows who used to be the driving forces behind the Albany, NY. meet. He was driving home from a meet one night and hit a deer. It totalled out completely his 1970 Trans Am Javelin. I asked him at the time (gee, it was I believe 1986?) if he was going to try to fix it up as I had a rustfree 70 Javelin 304, AT here for $450 for sale. He said insurance totalled it and that was the end of it, not sure what ever happened to the remainder of the vehicle. My thoughts to him at the time were that I had a solid 70 Javelin he could easily use to restore his, but I think the insurance company settled and kept it.

Which brings me to this. A lot of focus has been paid, and rightfully so, on Kartina and Rita, those two devastating hurricanes which hit TX, LA, MS and AL a few months ago. I have gotten a series of calls from people whose cars (AMCs) were destroyed by mostly Katrina. One fellow who called me yesterday is now living in Kemah, TX, which is about 55 miles from me, near Galveston. His concourse level 73 AMX went under 9+ feet of water in the storm surge that hit Biloxi. The car was a total loss and he said while he got $15.5K from insurance for it, he would have rather had the car. It, along with millions of other cars that were under water, are currently having their VIN's "retired" that is, if flood cars, the cars are scrapped, period. Really sad, but hell with the damned car, he lost his whole house, which withstood a assualt by Camille in 1969, but could not handle Katrina. He is selling his property, of which a slab and several blown over trees exist on it now sadly. I was just reading today where the Army Corps of Engs wants to rebuilt the levees to withstand a Cat 5 hurricane in New Orleans now, but for the meantime, at a cost of $2 billion, will put them back to former Cat 3 status. I wonder what happened to my beautiful 78 Concord DL sunshine yellow wagon I sold to a gentleman in New Orlenas several years ago. Car was so beautiful it won a trophy at the nationals we had here in 2001. Just a super loaded out, garaged, original I bought from original owner, 258, AT, PS, PDB, tilt, tint, woodgrain, original Lustre Guard paint looked like it came out of the showroom. I'm not sure what part of New Orlenas he lived in however.

Looks like this couple (see photo) have all the right hurricane supplies. Red Dog, Keystone Light, Budweiser, Mad Dog wine, Bud Light, bottle of French's Mustard, and oh, a board to float the old lady and booze on once hell breaks loose.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx