From: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Davis Martin
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:17 AM
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: more on mice (off and on topic at the same time)

John,
 As an avid hunter all my life I feel you need to educate yourself. I assume you are a Vegan. No animal byproducts at all other wise you are just a hippocrite.
 As for your idea of the deer hunting, if it wasn't for the hunting to thin the population the herds would out grow their food source and ALL die a horrible death. Also by thinning the population it decreases the chance of motorist hitting a deer. Thru out the year deer are hit mainly at night. But when the hunters are as you say "chasing them out onto the roads" It is actually because that also happens to be the Rut season or when the deer get frisky. This is why you see more deer activity not because hunters are chasing them. Hunting for me is not chasing and killing. It is patience and witing for the right moment and it also is th only way to provide quality deer meat as it is not yet readily available at the local market. Although they are starting to experament with farm raised deer.
 In any event I respect your views but before you go bashing hunters do your reasearch and get the facts. Yes there are Jerks that hunt for the wron reasons and give hunters a bad rap but that is the same in every crowd even the AMC croud.
  Sorry for the rant but if it was left up to some people hunting would be banned then Guns would be next and then only the government and crooks would rule our nation.Immagine what would have happened if guns were banned prior to 1776 would we have our independance?
 Davis

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not sure why you'd think that because I won't squash a spider that
somwehow I'm for the dog killing. Every example you mentioned, up
to and including all forms of legal and illegal hunting, are simply wrong
in my eyes. To intentionally cause suffering and/or harm to another
living thing for one's convenience or, worse yet, enjoyment, is abuse.
Imminent threat to a human life is a separate issue and the only time
I can excuse it. A chewed wire is not an imminent threat.

At my mom's place where I store my cars, the glorified sheds I keep my
cars in are open in many areas to the hundreds of chipmunks she
has running around. They are always in among my parts. One nested
in the Hornet's hood insulation at one point. He left when I lifted the
hood and cleared out his stash. Had one living in the air cleaner of my
parts Gremlin for a while. I let him be as that car was going nowhere.

Now, those 'car jackets'- I've heard from several folks that have them,
and nobody reported mice trying to get through them- and a couple of
those folks siad mice were why they got one. Your mileage may vary.

As for relocation of the mice- I've never had a mouse infestation. I had
a random event on a few ocassions...one mouse, once every few years.
Moving the mouse solved the problem everytime. Sticky traps on the
other hand will never solve an infestation either. One mouse isn't an
infestation. Mouse-proofing is the only 'permanent' solution. All else is
temporary.

As for those wasps...err....mad at an insect? Killing others for the crime
of an individual? Anger management, baby. I remember a lady telling me
that she got her new-to-her pickup truck to go hunting because she was
going to get revenge for the deer that destroyed her car the fall before. I
asked if she felt the other deer were part of a conspiracy against her car,
working to aid the deer that actual got in front of her car...the one that
actually died already. I also asked why it was that the number of deer-hits
rise dramatically when the hunters are in the woods, chasing them out onto
the road...and why didn't she blame hunters for the damage. She had no
answers. But she had her truck..yehaa!

Wasp nest in my car? Long stick, knock the nest out, wait a few minutes
for the swarm to move off, proceed with hobby. Are they in the mirror and
the stick can't reach? Ziploc bag placed over the mirror head and held closed
around the base by hand. Unscrew the mirror, walk into woods and place
mirror on ground (letting bag settle open). Next day, pick up mirror- bugs
gone. Knock out nest with smaller stick and remount.

'They're out to get me! It's me or them! The forces of evil are lining up
against us!' Puuleezz...they're bugs doing what bugs do. :)

As for New York's rat troubles....yup, they've tried poison, glue traps...
you name it. Still there. So much for the whole idea of killing as a
solution. Now, if only the folks would rat-proof their food and trash.
But that would take an effort...and humans are lazy. Now, if terrorists
ever infect Budweiser.....goodbye, NASCAR! :)

'All Gods creatures', baby. Threaten one member of the system, you
threaten them all.

John