[BaadAssGremlins] Model Skills And Materials Needed For My 1:1 Orange Ho

[BaadAssGremlins] Model Skills And Materials Needed For My 1:1 Orange Hornet

Well it's time to be innovative again. On the automatic indicator on the
steering column the aluminum pointer with a day glow orange line to
indicate which gear the auto tranny is in is in poor shape. Trying to
figure out how to repair this and make it look stock I had to dig deep
into my modeling skills and supplies to come up with a solution. The
solution is to use the bare metal foil used to make chrome trim on
models to make the pointer and use a small paint brush and some day glow
orange paint to pain the fine line on the foil and spray some model
clear cote over it all. All the seeming little things I do make the
difference between an ordinary nice interior job and a real outstanding
professional looking job. Only a true car guy would might ever notice
these small details. I also need to see if in the help section at the
auto parts store I can get a new hand brake release replacement "T"
handle. I think I saw them for Jeep's and they looked the same. If not I
will paint the original one with black enamel and bake the paint for 2-3
days in my dehydrator. I will use a water based white model paint to
paint the sunken brake release letters and wipe the excess paint off
leaving the white lettering showing and then clear cote the handle. I
also added a tac to the clock spot in the dash which has a day glow
orange pointer like the Auto Meter gauges in the stock factory pod so I
will paint the factory speedo, fuel and water temp gauge needles day
glow orange to match. I know I am a pain for details but I can't help
it.
"Doc"