From: dukes_nut01 <Bodukelookalike@xxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:18:50 -0000
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: HELP I AM STARTING TO LOOSE MY HAIR

---The distributor was never removed from the engine when the engine
was removed, there was no need to remove it since it worked fine and
the engine ran great where it was at, I played with the timing a
little just incase i bumped it some. I rebult the carb and it worked
fine before i removed the engine but could somthing have gone wrong
with the carb.

 In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BLDFW <bldfw@xxxx> wrote:
> Based upon my experiences, I would start from scratch.
>  Remove the plugs, turn the crankshaft until the #1
> cylindar is in compression, reinstall the plugs and
> rewire to insure the #1 plug wire is at #1.
>
> I can't tell you how many times I THOUGHT and
> CONVINCED myself that the distributor wasn't 180
> degees off when it was.  Jeesh!!
>
> It can only be three things; spark, gas, timing.  If
> ya got the first two, it can only be the last one!
>
> Bldfw
> Dallas, TX
>

> > Message: 6
> >    Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:11:23 -0000
> >    From: "dukes_nut01" <Bodukelookalike@xxxx>
> > Subject: HELP I AM STARTING TO LOOSE MY HAIR
> >
> > My gremlin is fianlly put back together and is
> > looking great, but one
> > problem remains It wont start. I replaced near about
> > everything, coil,
> > alternator, battery cables, starter, rebuilt carb,
> > new fan, belt, water
> > pump, dist. cap, rotor button, flywheel, spark plugs
> > and wires,
> > eleminated the emisions but did a nice job of it no
> > half ass job. new
> > exaust manifold new intake with no egr. New fuel
> > pump, fuel lines, fuel
> > filter. New radiator and heater hoses, new
> > thermostat.
> >
> > I honestly dont know what could be wrong, I get
> > great spark, fuel is
> > being pumped, I played with the timing, The engine
> > does not even want
> > to attempt to start, There is nothing mecanically
> > wrong with the
> > engine, all of the external parts were fixed or
> > replaced with new.
> > Could someone help me figure out what is going on
> > here.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
Yahoo! your home page
</FONT><A HREF=""http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM" target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>