[BaadAssGremlins] Hot Wheels

Chances are many of you like to collect miniature Hot Wheels cars, possibly
even AMC related ones. I have dealt with this fellow before and thought some
of you might enjoy checking out his website. Those Redlines really bring
back some memories to the late 1960s. I was about 8-9 years old when they
first came out, and was lucky enough that mom would 'splurge' to buy me one
each week, I got to pick it out, they were about 65 cents. Don't sound like
a lot but dad made about $156 a week at AMC, so money had to stretch.

All the kids used to take them to school at the Corpus Christi Catherdral in
Corpus Christi and I was no exception, only the 'new' one got to go in
pocket. Sort of like years ago Yu-Gi-Oh and Slammers! were all the rage and
kids carting them off to school. But asking the nun to go to the bathroom, I
would 'take my time' as there was about a 15 foot tile ramp downward (still
there) at the boys room and needness to say it made for a excellent
inpromptu ramp. There was one kid named Steve Pena whose folks were well off
and he was a grade above me. This guy had all the new track, loops, anything
Hot Wheels came out with, he would get. The best thing about him was we
waited for the same Saxet Heights (Saxet is Texas spelled backwards for
those spellin bea champs on list) but waited for same bus downtown, which
coincendentially was right in front of a place called The Toy Store. So I
would watch and see what he would buy, foaming at mouth to see him get a
whole 'set' at once whihc would take me weeks. I also would sometimes
'trade' off stuff with him, as I had access to a gumball machine at a store
near my house which for 10 cents, you could get Superballs that looked just
like a pool ball. So sometimes we traded those for his used Hot Wheels.
Seemed he got tired of some of them really quick which was bonus for me.

Anyhows, ya'll go check out this website:
http://www.toycarcollector.com/

If you wish to get right to the Custom AMX Hot Wheels click here:
http://www.toycarcollector.com/1969_hot_wheels.htm

If you wish to get right to the Open Fire Gremlin Hot Wheels click here:
http://www.toycarcollector.com/1972_hot_wheels.htm

If I recall, 1972/73 is the hardest to find Hot wheels and only a handful of
models made. So they are snapped up by collectors quickly. Here is a file
off my site also abuot what is usually called the 'holy grail' of Hot Wheels
when it comes to AMC, the Ed Shaver AMX:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/just%20stuff/hot_wheels_amx_ed_shaver.htm

Happy Collecting;
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX