[BaadAssGremlins] Re: HELP I AM STARTING TO LOOSE MY HAIR

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: HELP I AM STARTING TO LOOSE MY HAIR

---Great news, Its running and I should start driving it tomorrow as
soon as I get the hood back on and do some adjustments. It was
something stupid on my part, the wires were one off. The car has tons
of power compared to when i purchased it a month and a half ago since
the emisions was completely elimanited. Thankyou all for your advice
and help to get this matter straightned out. I look foward to driving
it again.

 In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx>
wrote:
> Try spraying some starter fluid in the carb if you have spark it
should fire. Double check that you have the plug wires on correctly
with the proper firing order.check that all plugs have spark.
>  That would be where I would start.
>  Davis
>
> themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
> I know this might be a longshot, but is the camshaft actually
opening and closing the valves? My 360, upon rebuild 3 years ago, did
just this same thing. I had not lubed the cam properly (my fault) and
spun four cam lobes. How's the oil pressure while you're cranking it
over?......just my .02.......Gary 'The Mix'

Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;    font-size: 12px;     color: #000;
background-color: #fff; }.AOLPlainTextBody pre {    font-size:
9pt;}.AOLInlineAttachment {    margin: 10px;}.AOLAttachmentHeader
{    border-bottom: 2px solid #E9EAEB;    background:
#F9F9F9;}.AOLAttachmentHeader .Title {    font: 11px Tahoma;    font-
weight: bold;    color: #666666;    background: #E9EAEB;     padding:
3px 0px 1px 10px;}.AOLAttachmentHeader .FieldLabel {    font: 11px
Tahoma;     font-weight: bold;    color: #666666;    padding: 1px
10px 1px 9px;}.AOLAttachmentHeader .FieldValue {    font: 11px
Tahoma;     color: #333333;}
> ---The distributor was never removed from the engine when the
engine was removed, there was no need to remove it since it worked
fine and the engine ran great where it was at, I played with the
timing a little just incase i bumped it some. I rebult the carb and
it worked fine before i removed the engine but could somthing have
gone wrong with the carb.  In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BLDFW
<bldfw@xxxx> wrote:> Based upon my experiences, I would start from
scratch.>  Remove the plugs, turn the crankshaft until the #1>
cylindar is in compression, reinstall the plugs and> rewire to insure
the #1 plug wire is at #1.  > > I can't tell you how many times I
THOUGHT and> CONVINCED myself that the distributor wasn't 180> degees
off when it was.  Jeesh!!> > It can only be three things; spark, gas,
timing.  If> ya got the first two, it can only be the last one!> >
Bldfw> Dallas, TX> > > > > Message: 6         > >    Date: Tue, 13
Sep 2005 17:11:23 -0000> >    From: "dukes_nut01"
>  <Bodukelookalike@xxxx>> > Subject: HELP I AM STARTING TO LOOSE MY
HAIR> > > > My gremlin is fianlly put back together and is> > looking
great, but one > > problem remains It wont start. I replaced near
about> > everything, coil, > > alternator, battery cables, starter,
rebuilt carb,> > new fan, belt, water > > pump, dist. cap, rotor
button, flywheel, spark plugs> > and wires, > > eleminated the
emisions but did a nice job of it no> > half ass job. new > > exaust
manifold new intake with no egr. New fuel> > pump, fuel lines, fuel >
> filter. New radiator and heater hoses, new> > thermostat. > > > > I
honestly dont know what could be wrong, I get> > great spark, fuel is
> > being pumped, I played with the timing, The engine> > does not
even want > > to attempt to start, There is nothing mecanically> >
wrong with the > > engine, all of the external parts were fixed or> >
replaced with new. > > Could someone help me figure out what is going

Service.