From: "eBay Customer Support" <spoof@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:32 PM
Subject: RE: SP91011 your recent report to eBay's Trust and Safety
Department (KMM187912463V76284L0KM)
Thank you for reporting this email that you received.

This email is attempting a sale outside of eBay and appears to be intent
on committing fraud. Only items that are listed in a person's 'My eBay'
page under the "Items I've Won" section are considered to be valid
completed transactions. If a person is not the winning bidder or listed
on the bid history page, then they have not won the item.

It's important to know that items purchased outside of the eBay format
are not eligible for our protective services such as feedback, dispute
resolution, contact information requests and most importantly the Fraud
Protection Program. These services are only available for items that are
listed and purchased on eBay in compliance with our guidelines and
listing policies.

For more information on this policy, please visit the link below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/solicitation-offsite-sale.html

I have reviewed your report and have taken appropriate action in
accordance with our site policies. Such action may include issuing a
warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the
membership. Due to privacy concerns, I am not at liberty to discuss the
details of any action taken. I hope you understand this position and
that it assures you that your personal account history will always
remain private.

In addition, we do not recommend the use of instant cash wire transfer
services such as Western Union and MoneyGram, and we ask that users
decline sending payment in cases where these are the only methods of
payment offered by the seller. Generally, if payment is sent using an
instant cash wire transfer service and the item is not delivered as
promised, no recourse is available for recovering funds. In most cases,
an escrow service should be used when purchasing high dollar value
items. More information on the benefits and risks of individual payment
methods can be found at:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/payment.html

If you are ever concerned about an email you receive from eBay or
through the email forwarding system, open a new Web browser, type
www.ebay.com into your browser address field to go directly to the eBay
site. Sign into your account and check My Messages in your my eBay. If
you get an email to your registered eBay email address that looks like
it's from eBay about a problem with your account or requesting personal
information, check My Messages first.   Also, only emails from
registered members will be sent to your My Messages.  If it's not there,
it's a fake email.

Again, thank you for reporting this matter and for your help in keeping
eBay a fun and safe place to trade.

Regards,

Sharla
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team
______________________________
eBay Inc.
The World's Online Marketplace®

Important: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information
(such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social
Security numbers, etc.) in an email. Learn more account protection tips
at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/isgw-account-theft-reporting.html

For our latest announcements, please check:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

In order to better serve you, we'd occasionally like to
request feedback on our service. If you would rather
not participate, please click on the link below and send
us an email with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line.
If that does not work, please send an email to the
email address below. Your request will be processed
within 5 days.

mailto:cssremove@xxxxxxxx