[BaadAssGremlins] Neil Diamond Died in My Gremlin

[BaadAssGremlins] Neil Diamond Died in My Gremlin

my husband and i spent part of the afternoon
installing an 8-track tape player into my 78 Gremlin.
first we tested it to make sure it worked. then we
hooked up all the wires and found out that the player
isn't the same size as the space in the dash that was
reserved for the 8-track option.

at that point i thanked my husband and told him to go
play elsewhere because we were going to kill each
other. i had to undo all the wiring and mount the
player under the dash.

after that was complete and all i had left was to tidy
up and zip-tie all of the dangling wires under the
dash, i turned on the car and listened to my one and
only 8-track tape: Neil Diamond's The Jazz Singer.

i had installed stereo speakers under the font seat
that were soley dedicated to the 8-track player. the
sound was incredible. if i turned it up all the glass
in the car rattled. if i listened to it at a pleasant
volume, i could feel his voice through the seat of the
car.  (kinky)

just as i was tidying up neil started singing slower.
the sound warbled, and the player ate the tape as it
was switching from track 4 to track 1.

GAH! all that work and it's over until i buy a new
tape and clean the inside of the player.

i guess i'll just have to find something more "badass"
on 8-track.  i can hear bart laughing at me now.

pax

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams