RE: [BaadAssGremlins] My Hornet is in PHR magazine...PHR's reply

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] My Hornet is in PHR magazine...PHR's reply

I got an awfully quick response for John Hunkins, PHR's Chief Editor.
Seems I struck a nerve!

The note below is my reply to his Email. His statements are quoted. ("
")

JRosa

John H.,

Just for the record, my note, though addressed to you, wasn't directed
toward you alone, but at those that perpetuate the 'AMCs aren't good
enough' attitude so prevalent over the years. Your Email address is the
one on the Reader's page, so that's where it got sent. But I have to say
it is nice to see that you can be riled by a strangers opinion, just as
easily as I was. :)

My note may have been 'heat of the moment' reactionary, but then, if
every time someone said 'Chevy', the magazines  said 'Vega', or every
time people said 'Ford', PHR said 'Pinto', there would be a lot of GM
and Ford fans that get sick of being treated as 'failure lovers'. AMC
was never a failure. They were a small company that produced vehicles
every bit a good as the big guys. Yet every time they are mentioned in
print, they get 'qualified' with a snide remark to make the masses of
big three fans (and your advertisers?) feel superior. If you want to
knock something, why not go with Aztecs, SSRs, Corvairs, Edsels and the
myriad of other 'wrong turns' of the Big Three?

Taking your response point-by-point...