[BaadAssGremlins] My Hornet is in PHR magazine...barely. Color me irked.

[BaadAssGremlins] My Hornet is in PHR magazine...barely. Color me irked.

Thanks to Wynn, I found out my '73 Hornet X is pictured
and mentioned on pages 60-61 of the October issue of
Popular Hot Rodding.

It's in a small article that explains why certain cars
weren't chosen for the article preceding this one. Nine
tiny pictures of cars they considered 'runners-up' are
Shown, with text featuring the following quote-

"Some cars that didn't make the list were just too
screwball for the mainstream"

My car isn't mainstream, but a 1981 Chrysler Imperial is?!?

"...for instance...the '73 AMC Hornet hatchback that sports
a grille that's the spitting image of a '67 GTX."

What follows are the comments I forwarded to the PHR editors...

---------------------

Regarding October's '9 cars you need to build', all I can say is.
you guys need to pull yer hedzs out of yer azzez. Your tag line
reads 'There's more to life than Mustangs and Camaros'.then in
the 9 cars you include an '82 Camaro and a '67 Cougar (i.e., a
gaudy Mustang). And then there were seven.

'81 Imperial??? Sorry- nothing could make the similarly styled
Seville's rear look good, and the same is true for the Imperial.

Then we have the '73 Laguna and the '72 Torino Gran Sport.I'll
give you that those two cars are great choices.and I'll be happy
to build one.but you have to find one for me. Good luck.

An '80 Cutlass? A '93 Mark VIII? There's a theme in this mess.
blah cars, obnoxious paint and 20" wheels.it's like an episode
of 'Pimp My Ride'.

Does anyone over there have an original thought?

Isn't Hot Rodding supposed to be personalization? What's personal
about buying off the shelf pieces, slapping them all together and
calling it 'custom'??? Real Hot Rodding involves creating of
components yourself. You aren't Hot Rodders- you're Blister-
Packers. You won't drive it if a complete long block isn't
available at Wal-Mart for it. Yawn. Anybody with money can order
up one of your pseudo-Foose specials. Buy a tool set instead and
build something from scratch. The rejected '69 Fairlane 500
fastback is a better choice than most of the cars you picked.
Heck, restoring a car like my '73 AMC Hornet X (the last car
pictured in your 'The Ones That Got Away' epilogue) to factory-
stock is closer to Hot Rodding than anything you showed in that
article, as even sources for the stock stuff are drying up fast.
but it's too 'screwball' for you. Yea, it sucks when you have to
actually work for it, eh? Now enough with the 'wish-I-were-a-So-
Cal-low-rider' dubs and put some road-worthy wheels on those cars.

Put down that JCWhitney catalog and get to work, you posers.

One more thought...exactly what about my Hornet is screwball?
It has everything the best cars get- Factory V8 (360cid...
that's ten more than 90% of the Chevys you feature), Twin-
Grip rear (i.e., posi) with 3.54:1 gears, RWD, 2-doors, Rally
wheels, X-stripes, pony-car styling... The only thing I can
think of that would qualify it as a 'screwball' is the unjust
reputation suffered by the moniker 'AMC', which AMXs routinely
defend at the track quite readily. I'm truly left stumped as
the only reason I can see for considering the car a 'screwball'
is simple ignorance.

Finally....if the '73 Hornet's grille is the spitting image of a
'67 GTX, then the GTX is the spitting image of the '66 Rambler...
See attached pics.