[BaadAssGremlins] Engine Help Please

I have a 76 gemlin with a 258 one barrel engine. the fuel pump went out
on me and had to have it replaced, the engine ran great then it started
to cut off on me, the engine will crank and run for a min to a few
seconds and then shut off on me, then each time I try cranking it, it
takes a little more work to get it started. It this problem sounds
familiar to you please let me know what to do, also the engine has all
of the original smog crap on it and its all still working too. Please
help me.