RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Man with the Golden Gun.

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Man with the Golden Gun.

All,

Just to clarify- the surviving 360/727 Hornet from the
film did the 'terra-firma' stunt work...meaning it never
left the ground. The corkscrew bridge jump was done by a
VERY heavily modified 258-powered Hornet that is in an
English 'James Bond Vehicles' musem at this time.

And while you recall the flying Matador coupe, let's not
forget the five Matador sedan cop cars! The chase starts
with three black-and-whites giving chase, but ends with
one black-and-white plus two red-and-whites catching up.

I **highly** recommend the DVD of this film...first
because you can go frame-by-frame through the big jump
and see the VERY modified front fenders on the 258 Hornet.
Then, go to the special features to se how the stunt was
done (on the first and only take) and to see footage of
the Astro-Spiral Javelins (and a very stock-looking
Mustard Yellow Javelin during the end credits) doing the
same famous stunt. Awesome stuff!!

John