Re: [BaadAssGremlins] found a 360

Terry, I don't know if anybody else saw it, but the weather here in Cleveland yesterday was pretty crappy so I surfed the tube a bit and low and behold there was a 'Trucks' marathon on Spike channel and Stacy did a build-up on a 258 Jeep. Cam, header, hipo-cyl head, fuel injection and free flow exhaust. The mods he did looked like they would really perk up any 258 6-banger including making it smog legal. I'm sure they will re-run those episodes again. Boy was my wife ....st off that I sat and watched 'Trucks' all afternoon. Gary 'The Mix'

-----Original Message-----
From: twa1950@xxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:16:00 EDT
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] found a 360

I am sure most guys on here will tell you to swap motors. I know what you mean about keeping it stock. I have thought about doing something to mine but then I think it was my mothers and I know it is stock and I kind of like it that way.   I also know about finding an old one and making a hot rod out of it. I wouldn't mine finding me another one. I wouldn't be to particular about what it looked like inside or out as long as the undercarriage was in decent shape. Just stick the big motor in it get out the black primer and die and paint the interior and go. That is why I was kind of interested in the 4 barrel intake manifold and headers for a six banger. I know where I can get a low mileage 258 and I thought that would be pretty neat to hook it up to a straight stick. Trouble is I haven't seen a Gremlin for sale in any kind of shape around here in years. So I guess what I would do is get the 360 and store it until I found something to put it in. A Hornet, or even a Concord, what a sleeper, besides a Gremlin would make good candidates. You would have the motor to put in yours if you ever decided to do that. Just my thoughts.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS