Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Wheel lug removal

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Wheel lug removal

Hi Dan, while I have not followed this thread closely, I think you or
someone wanted to remove rear studs? I had to do this just a month ago. Take
off wheel, and the hub is held on by three small bolts in most cases, these
were 5/16" ones. Take them off and usually the hub slides right off. I
coated the stripped studs both sides with PB Blaster and let it sit for
about a hour. Under the hub I put a soft piece of board, while the rest of
the hub was on cement. I smacked the bad studs several times with a small,
handheld mallet, bigger than regular hammer, but solid steel. Both came
right out. I put the others in and turn it over and smacked them from behind
like I used to smack my ex wifes ass, escept didn't used hammer, but now in
hindsight should have. Bott set fune, put hubs back on, tightened little
5/16th screws and mounted rim and tire and have been driving the Ambassador
since. Not sure this will help as not sure Ambo hubs are same, but it is a
72 SST wagon.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825