Re: [BaadAssGremlins] My Gremlin's First Car Show

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] My Gremlin's First Car Show

First of all I don't want to know how I must look now from back in the
time American Graffiti came out, I was 28 then . Your Gremlin looks real
nice. All it needs are some wheels and tires. Enjoy it, you have
somthing different other than those cookie cutter Camero's, Chevelle's
and Mustangs. What does your husband have to say about the Gremlin?
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- My husband and I took the Gremlin to its first car show.  The Litchfield Drive In holds 700
cars and there were probably 500 in attendance.  90% were antique.  We didn't register to
be "part" of the car show, but neither did about 100 other old cars.  We just paid for
admission to the party/movie.  There was a live band ("The Excellerators") who played
anything from Elvis to John Cougar and they rocked.  Cindy Williams and Paul LeMat from
American Graffiti were there signing autgraphs before the special showing of that movie.  I
didn't include pictures of them in my mini-carshow site (<a href="" href="http://carson-">http://carson-
mccullers.com/lj/carshow">Click for Photos of the Show</a>), because you really don't
want to see how they've aged.

As soon as I got there a guy came up to me and started ooohing and ahhing over the
Gremlin.  He told me about his memories of his Mother's and his Aunt's Gremlins.
Another guy got really excited and told me _alllllll_ about the spectacular demise of his 76
Gremlin (involving a fallen tree and two other cars).  Then, while his wife kept giving me
"i'm so sorry my husband's bothering you" looks, he had her take his picture next to my
car.

Yeah, it was the ugliest thing there (the Pinto driver comisserated with me), but a few
people gawked and I was proud of my beast.  I just wish to hell I had hubcaps for it.

Here's a link to a good photo of my best sandwiched between two beauties:
carson-mccullers.com/lj/carshow/murdock_carshow1.jpg</a>

pax

--- End Message ---