[BaadAssGremlins] Re: My Gremlin's First Car Show

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: My Gremlin's First Car Show

Hey Pax..was that Litchfield Illinois? Been thru there several times,
just not to a show.Next time you are there stop at the Atrisan
restaurant..It's been there since the 40's or so....very good!! I
wish i had known about the show  ahead of time.My son told me his
buddy took his Milner coupe clone and got his (Milner's)autograph!! I
live near Peoria Illinois.  I could have brought my 72 Gremlin
also...or my wife's 74 AMX.You have a nice looking car man!!
Later......Joe   In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "paxiljunki"
<paxiljunki@xxxx> wrote:
> My husband and I took the Gremlin to its first car show.  The
Litchfield Drive In holds 700
> cars and there were probably 500 in attendance.  90% were antique.
We didn't register to
> be "part" of the car show, but neither did about 100 other old
cars.  We just paid for
> admission to the party/movie.  There was a live band ("The
Excellerators") who played
> anything from Elvis to John Cougar and they rocked.  Cindy Williams
and Paul LeMat from
> American Graffiti were there signing autgraphs before the special
showing of that movie.  I
> didn't include pictures of them in my mini-carshow site (<a
href="http://carson-
> mccullers.com/lj/carshow">Click for Photos of the Show</a>),
because you really don't
> want to see how they've aged.
>
> As soon as I got there a guy came up to me and started ooohing and
ahhing over the
> Gremlin.  He told me about his memories of his Mother's and his
Aunt's Gremlins.

mccullers.com/lj/carshow/murdock_carshow1.jpg">http://