Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Camshaft reccomendations for 401 in my Gremlin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Camshaft reccomendations for 401 in my Gremlin...Ro...

Don't say I didn't warn ya... I thought you said Ron gave you a good suggestion? I still think you should use the cam you already have. Save your money and if you aren't happy with it THEN spend the money on a cam. It is an easy weekend swap and you will have a better idea of what you NEED for your combination. I think you may find your happy with it. Unless you just have money to burn?
 I run a 4000 stall on the street and my cam is 236 dur and 540 lift. Peak torque is like 3800 and peak HP is 6000 in my worn out 360. I have reved it to 7000 but power dropped off passed 6000. I would have to get my dyno sheet to quote the exact #s but I believe it was like 420ftpds tq and  296 HP at the rear wheels thru the 400 stall and 727 tranny, and ford 9" 456 minispooled rear with 28X 10x 15 slicks.
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK...ENGLE has a moron (non AMC liking fellow..maybe?)answering the
phone.I told him my whole combo with car
weight,heads,compression,heads, and rear gears and all!! I guess i'm
stupid also. I listened to what he suggested. The cam he told me to
order is NOT a 2300-6300 rpm cam. Also WILL NOT work with 9.6/1
compression. I did not have access to their online catalog when
talking over the phone. The cam ### he sold me is a 3000-6800 rpm
full race cam. He said he could NOT tell me the advertised duration
from the catalog listing?? That duration ### would have told me it
was too high a rpm cam. What the hell? I just NOW read their online
catalog..WHAT abunch of crap he told me. I just emailed them and told
them NOT to send the cam he sold me!!! I picked a different
grind...570 lift/288 advertised duration(238 @ 50). It takes 9.5/1-
10/1 compression.Also it works from 2300-6300(printed right in the
#@$$#@% catalog!!!! Guess he thought it would be funny to screw with
a AMC guy...who trusted his suggestions??/// @#$#@%$^$ I'll let you
know what they say when i call them up!!Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jgray_55" wrote:

> -Ron made a very good suggestion...Comp Extreme Energy..520/523
> LIFT/230/236 duration (@50)..2000-6000 rpm powerband! Also i just
> located a Engle listing..# 5060H...570 lift with 288 duration
(238@50)
> 110 degree lobe centerline..2300-6300 rpm band. What does that
sound
> like??Sounds like it "might" work with a 2500 TCI?? I "DO NOT" have
> convertor yet...just comparing the TCI i got for my wifes 74 AMX.
> NOW...if a 3000-3200 would be streetable....with 3.55 or 3.91
> gears,and about a 26" tire....then i'd be good to go...huh?
OR...just
> get the more affordable 2500 and make the combo work? I CAN do
> either...750 AFB,800 AVS..maybe A LARGER holley??
But..remember...I
> want to DRIVE IT AND RACE ON WEEKENDS/AND STOP LIGHTS(who me??)!!
> Thanks again,Joe-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> baadass73gremlin@xxxx wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 4/22/05 5:27:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> > martin-davis@xxxx writes:
> >
> > 456's are not very good for the street except for neighborhood
> terrorizing
> > I would go with the 391's and a 26" tire
> > Davis
> >

> > Davis is right unless your running a 4 speed like i am and i have
> 4.56 gears
> > tho they still may be too low for me but i am gonna run 28
inch
> slicks.
> > Bart

Give the gift of life to a sick child.