Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: INDY versus Edelbrock versus stock heads....HE

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: INDY versus Edelbrock versus stock heads....HELP!!

Yup I completely agree. look what I did with an 8to1 compression worn out 140K mile 360. 300 RWHP no tuning I made 12.66 @ 107 should get to low 11's with some good track time n tuning.
 I finished the swap and my 70 drag car now has the light 79 spirit disk brakes on it. I ordered the stuff to plum my 8 gal rci fuel cell to the holley black pump then to my holley reg and then to the carb. I took Georges advice and got the summit big cam kit and roller timming set. I am still looking for an r4b and a set of roller rockers. I have a set of 291c heads to swap on and a set of headman headers. I picked up a moroso electric water pump drive kit, v-8 radiator, electric radiator fans, I welded in frame connectors, and now am starting to fix the rust in the back cargo area. I have a gremlin dash dyed black to replace the aluminum dash also. Picked up a nice set of bolt on traction bars to replace the universals that were on there. got a set of wheels with slicks, got a 727 built by TCI with a rev pattern VB and a TCI 8" converter good for 4500. Hurst quarter stick shifter, 8 point roll cage.
 SO George SR as you can see... I have been busy. And still have alot to do!
 That BBO gremlin of yorus is really nice.
 Davis

gremlinboys <gremlinboys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well i agree with the last post you dont need to go crazy with the
heads at all a mild port and gasket match for a mild motor is enough,
as far as cams the companys all have tech lines and i have used about
every cam maker there is and not had a problem.
we have a basicly stock 71 360 9-1 comp, big summit cam, mild ported
stock heads roller rockers, electric water pump, 750 holley double
pumper, a 3500 stall convertor, turbo 400 trans, amc 20 rear 3.54
gears locked, 11.32 118 mph best time 11.45 all day long, you do not
have to build some crazy motor to make power but tune the whole
driveline properly and your results will be amazing. we have also used
the old crane fireball cam many times with great dyno results for
horse power, over 300 to the rear wheels with a r4b in a stock 343,
sometime simple works the best, you can achieve 400 hp cheaply with a
basickly stock amc with cam change, intake, right carb gears and
headers, signed a old school hot rodder Georges DAD

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'